- Ability to think and learn quickly as project needs change
- A team player with strong communication skills
- A disciplined and professional work ethic
- Familiarity with technical concepts of real time rendering, modeling and texturing
- A keen eye for lighting, shading, color, detail and form
- Proven modeling skills
- Proven texturing skills (through original art and photo reference)
- Proficient in 3DS Max, Photoshop, Unity, Microsoft office, Oracle Composer
- Proficient in drawing, designing in a 3D space, color theory
Dark Echoes, Austin TX, January 2013 to present.
Awarded 2nd place in the Student Game Competition at Captivate Conference
- Created realistic environment from concept and photo reference.
- Created realistic assets from photo reference.
- Created creatures from original concept art.
- Created shader for unique look of the game in Unity.
- Created challenging and interesting levels through world building.
Painting With A Twist, Austin, TX, March 2014 to present.
- Responsible for guiding clients through a set painting to produce a positive result.
- Supporting and helping clients to have a positive experience.
- Check clients into class and complete all required paperwork.
- Prepare studio for class and set with needed supplies.
- Work with team to create and fun and inviting atmosphere for clients.
Lawrence Merchandising Services, Austin, TX, March 2013 to present.
- Responsible for merchandising product to company standards, but with flexibility when required.
- Set own schedule to meet needs of client.
- Fostered positive relationship with management.
- Developed open communication with staff to problem solve and meet needs.
- Store performed in the top 10% highest grossing sales of the company in areas of ownership.
Macy’s, Austin and Temple, TX, August 2001 to March 2011.
- Responsible for integrating fashion trends to create a cohesive and compelling look for entire store.
- Created inviting window displays integrating lighting, color, detail and form.
- Collaborated with Merchandising Team Managers to push projects to the next level in innovative ways to achieve results.
- Partnered with sales managers to increase sales in their departments by coaching styling of new trends, suggestive selling and product placement.
- Provided weekly training with merchandising and sales associates on standards and other store events, as well as introduced new trends and products or vendors.
- Communicated with other visual managers to share ideas and take care of needs of the store.
- Ensured timely execution of all Visual projects and special events.
- Created a positive, inclusive work environment by maintaining open door communication with all associates and resolving issues promptly.
Small Business Owner
Blue Sun Designs, Austin, TX, September 1997 to August 2001.
- Designed and constructed custom clothing including bridal gowns, evening dresses and costumes.
- Set production schedule to meet deadlines, including client consultations, material procurement, construction, and fittings.
- Managed day-to-day operation of business, including budget and accounting procedures.
- Collaborated with other designers on special projects.
- Designed and constructed exhibits to sell art and craft items at bridal show and a cooperative retail outlet.
Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Human Ecology
Specialization in Clothing and Textiles
The University of Texas
Associate’s Degree of Applied Science in Visual Communication
Specialization in Video Game Art
Austin Community College
University Baptist Church Art Gallery, Austin, TX, 5 years
- Placed call for artists announcements, and accepted entries of all artist and responded.
- Selected artists through review of work for exhibits in gallery.
- Scheduled all hanging, removals, and receptions with artists.
- Submitted information about artist for publication on website and in weekly bulletin.
Texas Wax-Austin Encaustic Group, Austin TX, 1 year
- Lead monthly meeting for artists group.
- Developed agenda for each meeting.
- Scheduled different members to give presentations at meeting.
- Communicated meeting schedule and follow up minutes to group members.
Exhibit Chair Person
First Frontier Collage Society, Austin, TX, 2 years.
- Coordinate international juried exhibit.
- Received and cataloged all exhibit entries.
- Communicated with Juried on show standards.
- Coordinated and executed hanging of art work for show.
- Coordinated and organized volunteers for all aspects of show.
- Coordinated and hosted artists opening for show.
Vice-President, Board of Directors
University Baptist Church Child Development Center, Austin, TX, 4 years
- Transitioned operation from part of church to independent tax-exempt business.
- Advised Director on policy and personal matters.
- Oversaw budget and expenditures.
- Established annual and special fundraising activities and events.
Available on request.