First off, I’ve been silent for a while, trying to decide whether to focus on sewing or art. I’ve given up and given in to both. So from now on I’ll be posting about both art and sewing. Enjoy the ride!
I made this dress for a wedding I went to last weekend. The fabric is from my deep stash. I’ve had it for about 10 years. The pattern is McCall’s M7116 with a few modification, because I can’t leave well enough alone.
I added the bias cut navy satin trim and made the covered buttons to match.
I also added in seam side pockets, which with an invisible zipper, was not an easy task.
I also took out the shoulder pleats to add the trim. The dress should have been a straight forward sew, but with the changes I made, it took longer to sew than I thought it would. Normally it wouldn’t have been a problem, but I gave myself a very short time frame to finish the dress. Nothing like a dead line to get things finished. I plan on making a few more of this dress, one in a black knit and another in a black floral chiffon. I will be keeping the pockets but moving the zipper to the back seam.
Bye for now, and happy sewing and arting!